So if you read the last post here, I mentioned the next steps of calling in on Cycle day 1 to have an ultrasound on Cycle day 2. So I did just that.
It was my first ultrasound and it was a breeze. It only took a couple of minutes for her to check everything she needed to. The first thing she measures in the video is my lining and she said: “it’s thin and looks really good for this day of the cycle.” She then checked for follicles.
My right side had about 4 follicles. She then looked at my left side (which is blocked so basically nonfunctioning) and of course, there’s like 12 over there. I eye-rolled so hard. She said “it’s normal for one side to have more,” but I told her it was just my luck that the side that doesn’t work has a fuck ton of them, lol.
She was pleased with how everything looked and ready to get started. We sat down and looked at the plan; Clomid day 3-7, FSH shots, something else I can’t remember, and a trigger shot before IUI. I said cool, let’s do it. Left the office, called my parents per usual and my dad wasn’t happy. He has been adamant from the get-go that I do the expanded genetic testing on the donor. He only had general genetics done so I don’t know if he’s a carrier for the things I am.
My dad something that really hit me. He said “you have this knowledge at your fingertips, sure the test costs more $, but what if you don’t do it and your child is born severely blind or deaf? And worse, you could have avoided it?” Hit me like a ton of fucking bricks. It delays the process about a month or so while they do the testing, but he’s right. If I can avoid that possibility, why not avoid it altogether.
So I decided to do it. As much as I didn’t want to because I just wanted to get it done, I also think it would be stupid to not find out since I have the ability to. So getting that done and we’ll go from there. If he’s a carrier for any of them, I sell back the sperm and start over. If he’s not, then we plan it out. They send me & my Dr a form which we fill out & give them my results. They test him solely for the things I’m a carrier for. That is IF he decides to do it. The shitty thing is he can so no, but we shall see. Once he does it, they charge me $650, and we have results in 2-3 weeks.
Also, life is crazy and I am not certain yet where it’s sort of going, so there are other things at play in which I’ll have to figure out. I should know a little more in a month, about all of it haha.
Thank you for going on this journey with me, waiting patiently for blogs lately, and supporting me. It means the world to me! 🖤